Soak the kale chana overnight or minimum of 8 hours.
Next day discard the water the chana were soaked in. Boil the kale chana in a pressure cooker.
- Once you have boiled the chana, reserve the water the chana was boiled.
- you can use this water as a stock to make soup.
- Using a food processor, coarse grind boiled kala chana. Transfer it to a clean bowl.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chilies, fresh coriandor.
- Add cumin powder, garam masala, red chilly powder, coriander powder, roasted chickpea flour(besan), and salt to taste. Mix well. You can also use some paneer/cottage cheese for binding the mixture. The kebab mixture has a thick dough like consistency, otherwise it will be hard to shape the kebab and it will break.
- Take around 2 TBSP of mixture and shape it into small round flat patties/burger.
- Take a non-stick pan ,brush it with oil. Place the patties and roast for 2-3 min on each sides on medium heat until brown in colour.
- Remove the kebab on a kitchen paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve it with green chutney